Here I have reviewed some of the best-selling steak knife sets on the market from my personal experience that can be bought for under $100. The materials used in my recommended knives are NSF certified and of high quality.
What Are the Best Steak Knives Under $100?
- DALSTRONG Gladiator Series High-Quality Straight Edge Steak Knife Set – 4-Piece
- Wusthof Gourmet Premium Quality Non-Serrated Steak Knife Set – 4-Piece
- ZWILLING Budget-Friendly Small-Serration Steak Knife Set – 8-Piece
- DALSTRONG Gladiator Series Reasonably-Priced Serrated-Edge Steak Knife Set – 4-Piece
- Mercer Culinary Genesis Best-Value Half-Serrated Steak Knife Set – 7-Piece
- Messermeister Avanta Low-Priced Fine Edge Steak Knife Set – 4-Piece
- Imarku Most-Affordable Half-Serrated Steak Knife Set – 6-Piece
- TUO Best-Budget Serrated Steak Knife Set – 4-Piece
Review of the 10 Best Steak Knife Sets Under $100
1. DALSTRONG Gladiator Series Straight Steak Knife Set of 4-Piece High-Carbon German Steel Blades
The blades on this DALSTRONG steak knife set are manufactured from a single piece of premium quality high-carbon stainless steel (HRC 56-58) and the steel is imported from Germany.
The core alloy is precisely heat-treated to increase the hardness, sharpness, and edge holding capacity of these blades. The extra amount of chromium in the steel ensures resistance to rust and corrosion.
The blades are hand sharpened by a master craftsman at 14-16° angle on both sides which provide ultra-sharpness. The blades have rock-hollow dimples that prevent food from sticking to the blades.
These handles are made from military-grade black G-10 Garolite material. A triple-riveted handle with a full tang structure gives essential strength and durability.
The ergonomic handle provides excellent comfort and a secure grip.
They are impervious to heat and moistness with the ability to last a long life. The bolster on the handles protects the finger from the blade and the end cap assures gives counterbalance.
DALSTRONG recommends only hand washing of knives; never put them in the dishwasher.
The set comes with 4 polymer sheaths and the knives fit perfectly in them.
- Highest-quality German high-carbon stainless steel blades
- Out of the box, the blades are sharp as a scalpel
- Heat-treated blades with Rockwell hardness up to 56+
- Mirror polished shining bolster that protects the finger
- All the knives are single-piece, full tang, and well balanced
- Less maintenance set which saves both time and effort
- All knives have a polymer excellent fit sheath
- Rock-solid life span warranty from DALSTRONG Company
- Not dishwasher safe
- The knives are a little heavy
2. Wusthof Gourmet Kitchen Steak Knife Set of 4-Piece High Carbon Stainless Steel Blades
3. ZWILLING Serrated Steak Knife Set of 8-Piece German Stainless Steel Blades with Wooden Box
4. DALSTRONG Gladiator Series Serrated Steak Knife Set of 4-Piece German High Carbon Steel Blades
All blades in this set are made of high-quality German ThyssenKrupp high-carbon steel. The blades are crafted from perfectly forged single-piece steel and have a Rockwell hardness of up to 56+.
The core steel is properly heat-treated and hand sharpened by master artisans at 14-16 degrees angle on each side which ensures a long-lasting razor-sharp edge.
Serrated edge blades with a rounded tip give the experience of slicing all types of steak perfectly without any tearing. A special feature of serrated blades is that they do not need to be sharpened even after years of use.
The scales of the black G-10 Garolite are well attached to the full tang handle by three rivets. The ergonomic handle gives me outstanding grip and maximum comfort.
All the handles have a finger protective bolster and a fully exposed tang with stainless steel end cap – all these features ensure amazing balance and that has not disappointed me when I’m using them for a long period of time.
After use wash them immediately with warm water and dry them soon with the towel. DALSTRONG provides one protective plastic sheath with each knife.
- Premium grade high carbon German steel blades
- Forged and heat-treated for durability, firmness, edge holding
- Beautiful satin finish of the blade is hand-polished
- Blades are fully serrated and super-sharp
- Ergonomic and not slippery military grade G-10 handles
- Handles are good sized, full tang, and well-balanced
- Knives are easy to clean and maintain
- Four plastic sheaths included
- DALSTRONG provides a lifetime warranty and money-back guarantee
- This is not a dishwasher ok set
5. Mercer Culinary Genesis Serrated Steak Knife Set of 7-Piece High-Carbon Steel Blades
Each blade in this set is manufactured from German high-carbon stainless steel. The steel is well known for its resistance against corrosion and rust.
Perfectly forged blades are half micro-serrated which ensures excellent sharpness. The serrated edge of these blades is very tough and does not need to be sharpened from time to time.
The part of the plain edge is also reliable enough and can hold an incredibly sharp edge for many years. The steel is well known for its resistance against corrosion and rust. They are easy to sharpen due to the taper-ground and high-carbon steel.
Every handle is constructed from solid rubber Santoprene materials. The texture of the handles is rubberized which provides superior grip even in wet hands. Full tang handles deliver excellent balance. They are old-fashioned, agile, and easy to control.
The bolster protects the fingers from being cut and gives additional balance. I can say the handles are extremely comfortable, and they can be used for hours without any finger pain.
It is important to clean them with hand wash or else they can rust. The manufacturer shipped this knife set with a portable heavy-duty bag. The quality of the bag is quite impressive and every knife fits perfectly.
- Ultra-premium German high-carbon stainless steel blades
- Micro-serrated edge blades never need to sharpen
- Combo blade design suitable for all typed of steaks
- Full tang rubberized handles give balance and non-slip grip
- Comes with a black heavy-duty bag
- The knife is NSF Certified
- The manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty
- This knife set is not dishwasher safe
6. Messermeister Avanta Fine Edge Steak Knife Set of 4-Piece Stainless Steel Blades
The 4-piece 5″ long blades of this Messermeister steak knife set are made of high-quality German X50CrMoV15 stainless steel. All the blades are coated with a satin finish to make them rust and corrosion-proof.
The straight-edge blades are precision-forged from one-piece high carbon steel which means they are easy enough to sharpen and maintain a sharper edge well.
Also, the blades have a straightforward design that is very helpful for slicing soft and juicy steaks without tearing them. They also have an upward boning tip that allows the blade to separate the soft meat from the bone precisely.
The handle of these knives is made out of attractive Pakkawood. The triple-riveted handles look luxurious and sturdy. I felt comfortable holding the handles and got a great grip even when my hands were wet.
The full tang handle with an end cap gives me a great balance and has a forged bolster that protects my finger from the sharp edge.
Although, these knives require proper maintenance. After every use, I wash them with my hands using warm water and dry them with a towel as soon as possible.
- Top-quality high carbon German steel blades
- The blades are sharp as hell out of the box
- Rapid sharpening but does not dull easily
- Stylish handle is full tang and well balanced
- Beautiful and shining bolster and end-cap
- High quality set at a very affordable price
- The set offers a lifetime warranty
- Not dishwasher safe
- Does not come with any protective sheath