Almost all of the EDC knives reviewed here are made in America by some of the most famous knife manufacturing companies. The pocket knives I’ve selected for best knives under $150 have long been at the top of the market
Also, you’ll be glad to know that the knives recommended and reviewed here are based on my experience and data collected from hundreds of other users.
What Are the Best Pocket Knives Under $150?
- Cold Steel Recon 1 Series Tactical Folding Knife
- Kershaw Dividend SpeedSafe Assisted Opening EDC Knife
- Zero Tolerance 0350TS; Folding Pocket Knife
- Spyderco Para 3 Signature Folding Knife
- Benchmade – Bugout 535 EDC Knife
- Benchmade Mini Griptilian 555HG Pocket Knife
Best Folding Knife Under $150 – Top List Reviews
1. Cold Steel Recon 1 Series Tactical Folding Knife
For those looking for a pocket knife whose blade is made from a steel that is resilient against corrosion, breakage, and chipping during heavy use and can be quickly resharpened and the blade is reasonably thick and has a strong point, then look no further my friends. The Cold Steel Recon 1 is the perfect knife for you!
This best budget tactical knife has a 4″ long and 0.13″ thick straight-edge blade with a black DLC finish. The blade is made of premium quality CPM-S35VN steel (HRC 60-62). The best part is the core alloy is precisely vacuum heat-treated and sub-zero quenched. These processes make the blade more durable, sharp and ensure a long-lasting edge.
I’ve used it for everything from cutting cord, rope, cardboard, gasket materials, and plastic boxes, to skinning an animal, chopping vegetables, clearing small branches, and tree limbs, feathering sticks, and making kindling. Interestingly, after months of light and heavy use, there was no serious dullness in the blade until I did some abusive work with it.
The Recon 1 comes with G-10 laminate scales which are scalloped and artfully contoured for a comfortable non-slip grip. No metal liner is used in the handle to reduce the weight of the knife but the handle is quite sturdy without the liner. Moreover, the knife is assembled with the latest and most durable mechanical fasteners and anchored with 6061 heat-treated spacers.
The mechanism was a little hard at first but after a few weeks of use, I was able to open and close it smoothly with one hand. Now the folding knife can be easily opened by pushing on the thumb disc or flicking the wrist. Most importantly, this 9.38″ tactical folder is assembled with Cold Steel’s revolutionary Tri-Ad locking mechanism, effectively reducing lock failure.
It features a tip-up pocket clip for deep carry that is low profile and reversible. Like other best pocket knife brands “Cold Steel” also offers a limited lifetime warranty with this knife.
- Ultra-premium CPM-S35VN stainless steel blade
- Shave my hair-off sharp right out of the box
- Blade holds an edge 5x longer than most
- G-10 scales are durable & well textured
- Deep finger grooves handle never slips
- Large handle fits perfectly in my XL hands
- Ergonomic design allows many grip possibilities
- Secure and strong Tri-Ad locking mechanism
- The manufacturer provides an extra pocket clip
- Heavy-duty reliable EDC knife, well worth the price
- No metal liners but the handle is enough strong
- The mechanism is a bit hard at first
- Slightly bulky (5.3 oz) for the gentleman’s pocket
2. Kershaw Dividend SpeedSafe Assisted Opening EDC Knife
The Kershaw Dividend is a 7.25″ EDC knife that has outstanding features. The 3″ blade of this pocket knife is made of composite steel – non-staining N690 steel is used on the upper part of the blade and CPM-D2 steel is used on the front of the blade for an ultra-sharp cutting edge.
The blade has a stonewash finish – which gives it a matte look and makes it remarkably corrosion-resistant. The drop point blade consists of a plain edge and a Wharncliffe design that gives the knife a sleek appearance.
The ergonomic handle of the folding knife is crafted from 6061-T6 Aluminum, which provides great strength to the handle. The distinctive anodized, olive-green handle feels great in my hand.
With a closed length of 4.25″, the knife features a SpeedSafe assisted opening mechanism which allows easy one-handed blade deployment by simply pulling back on the ambidextrous flipper.
The one-of-a-kind liner lock system of the Dividend is incredibly sturdy. I couldn’t find any blade play in any direction when being used and the blade is fully centered when folded.
The 2.8oz lightweight EDC knife comes with a deep-carry pocket clip – which allows both the right or left-handed carry with the tip-up or tip-down adjustment.
Kershaw Dividend is proudly manufactured in Tualatin, Oregon, USA, as well as has a warranty against any defects in materials or workmanship.
- USA-made lightweight EDC knife perfect for use on a daily basis
- D2 composite steel blade is made using a state-of-the-art technique
- The blade is sharp as hell out of the box
- It has long-lasting edge retention characteristics
- The metal handle is durable and lightweight
- The handle is slightly curved for an easy and very tight grip
- The liner lock mechanism engages perfectly and is rock solid
- Speedsafe ensures quick, safe, and easy single-handed assisted opening
- A four-position pocket clip makes it convenient to carry
- EDC for light duty only
3. Zero Tolerance 0350TS; Folding Pocket Knife
The Tiger Striped 0350 is one of the most popular folding knife models in the market that is manufactured by the famous American brand Zero Tolerance Knives. The full length of the knife is 7.75″, the folded position is 4.625″ and the weight is 6.2oz.
The 3.25″ long blade is made of premium quality S30V stainless steel (57-59 HRC) and is protected by Tiger-Stripe Tungsten coating. The S30V steel blade has much higher wear and corrosion resistance than other blades. In addition, the edge of the blade can be sharpened in a short time, which will not be easily dull even in long use.
Laminate composite G-10 scales and stainless steel liners are used to make the ergonomic handle. The G-10 handle is durable and very light, and temperature changes do not affect it.
The handle has a texture-like check pattern and about an inch of thumb jumping, and a curved shape with deep finger choil – all these features will provide you a firm pinch grip even if your hands get wet or perspire at work.
The most important thing is that the knife has an ambidextrous SpeedSafe assisted opening system which allows you to deploy the blade very fast with any one of your hands.
Not only this but with the help of the flipper or thumb studs you can easily open the blade while wearing any tactical gloves.
It has a liner locking mechanism to use the knife safely when open. The system is highly secure and strong enough; there is no chance of sudden closing or any blade play during use.
The spring assisted folding tactical knife has a quad mount carrying clip which facilitates transportation in right or left hand and tip-down or tip-up style.
- Ultra-premium S30V stainless steel blade for heavy-duty use
- Non-reflective camouflage blade coating
- A solid and thick G-10 handle fits perfectly in your hands in any position
- Due to the SpeedSafe mechanism, the blade flies out super fast
- The knife can be opened and closed with one hand
- Thick and convincing stainless steel liner locking system
- Multiple carrying options through the 4-position pocket clip and lanyard hole
- ZT Tiger Stripe 0350 is proudly made in the USA
- Limited lifetime warranty by Zero Tolerance
- Slightly bulky (6.2oz) but a reliable EDC knife
4. Spyderco Para 3 Signature Folding Utility Pocket Knife
The Para 3 knife comes with some premium features which made the knife an extreme EDC one among all other folders. The military-grade knife has an overall length of 7.24″ and when closed is 4.29″ and weighs 3.45 ounces.
The 3.18mm thick and 2.95″ long razor-sharp blade is made of high-performing CPM S30V stainless steel and has a durable satin finish. The CPM S30V steel is well known for rust and corrosion resistance as well as long-lasting edge holding capacity. Also, the SP-3 is one of the best S30V knives I have in my collection.
Due to super hardness, the clip point blade has greater piercing capacity. This sharp blade can be cut through leather, hard plastic, or even a thin metal box.
The handle is crafted with textured G-10 scales over the stainless steel liners. The open-backed structure of the handle minimizes its thickness and provides essential support for the lock.
The handle includes textured patterns and finger-grove-like curved shapes for a very solid grip. Additionally, the texture on the index finger coil and thumb ramp provides a fair amount of traction. Best of all, an ergonomic handle makes it easy to get good control during any deep piercing or precise cutting job.
The knife is mechanized with a compression lock. The design of the lock is secure and robust; you would not feel any blade play during use. The lock has no spring mechanism for rusting or breaking, nor is there any ball bearing – which means a knife that is almost maintenance-free.
The total weight of the knife is only 3.45oz which makes it easy to carry accessories for the lightweight EDC knife-seekers. The knife includes a 4-position pocket clip that brings some extra benefits for tip-down/tip-up or left/right-handed users.
No matter if you use this knife for survival, campaign, or for hiking in any remote place it will not disappoint you. All above the manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty for this robust multitasking knife.
- Premium quality CPM S30V stainless steel blade
- The blade is sharp as a scalpel right out of the box
- Polished finish ensures sustainable use and scratch resistance
- Easy one-handed opening and closing folding knife
- Textured G-10 handle and finger grooves for a comfortable grip
- Solid locking provides full security while carrying or handling
- The knife is proudly made in the USA
- An ultra-compact lightweight folding knife is also easy to carry around
- Available in multiple handle colors, blade steels, various serrations, and edge formats
- Not a deep-carry pocket clip
5. Benchmade – Bugout 535 EDC Manual Open Folding Knife
Benchmade’s famous EDC knife is the Bugout 535, and each of its premium quality parts is made in America. Bugout 535 is a multipurpose knife that can be used for hiking, camping, backpacking, survival kit, or tackle box. The knife measures 7.46″ full length, 4.22″ fold length, and weighs only 1.85oz (52.45g).
The 0.090″ thick and 3.24″ long blade of the knife is made from Benchmade’s famous steel CPM-S30V (58-60 HRC). Being a very good quality alloy, the blade is able to retain its sharpness well enough for a long time.
Also, the maintenance of the knife is much less required as the stain and corrosion resistance are much higher. So you can use it safely in the outdoor environment.
The razor-sharp blade has an aggressive grind and flat belly, which gives ample control over cutting rope, fibrous material, plastic, or hard objects.
The scales of the ergonomically designed handle are made from Glass Filled Nylon (GFN) and the liner is made of stainless steel. The handle has textured diamond grip patterns that will give you a non-slip grip in all conditions.
The knife can be easily opened with one hand, a slide push on thumb studs or the shaking of your wrist can release the blade. For safety, the knife has an ambidextrous Axis locking mechanism that prevents any type of blade play after opening and gives you a secure feeling.
The knife has a reversible tip-up pocket clip for easy transportation. You’ll be glad to know that the same model is also available in a few different colors and a partially serrated pocket knife version.
- A high-quality pocket knife for almost all types of work on a daily basis
- American-made premium quality CPM-S30V steel blade
- The blade is very sharp right out of the box and retains its edge well
- Secure Axis locking system for smooth opening and easy close
- Stronger, lighter, and more comfortable handle with an ergonomic textured grip
- Lanyard hole and reversible pocket clip for flexible carrying options
- The knife features a LifeSharp service and a limited lifetime warranty
- Benchmade Bugout 535 is proudly made in the USA
- Not suitable for heavy work at all
- Re-sharpening is a time-consuming matter
- Manual open folding knife, no assisted mechanism
6. Benchmade Mini Griptilian 555HG Pocket Knife
This is slightly different from others because of the thinness, compact design, and ultralight weight. It is an all-purpose knife, which can be used for cutting, skinning, and other domestic chores. The most appealing feature is the blade shape, which is pointed to tanto. The power is more in the pointed tip. This makes it the most suitable for defense and even to attack. The edge is plain and it can last for a long time when you sharpen it. If you take it for the expedition, it does not disappoint. The length is just 6.78 inches. It is good for skinning and cutting. Its satin finish makes the blade attractive, but it is not reflective.
It features an ergonomic handle, which is composed of glass-filled nylon. You can cut and skin the whole day without feeling the impact. It is ultralight with a net weight of 2.68 oz. The locking mechanism is an axis lock. You are completely secured, and it can fit into your pocket through the reversible pocket clip system. You can use the knife with confidence, it cannot disappoint and it does not open when you do not want to. This is a user-friendly knife designed for everyday purposes.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Best EDC Knife Under $150 (FAQ)
Question: Should I buy a pocket knife for everyday carry?
Answer: Of course, we should all buy a good quality EDC knife. Almost every day we need to use a pocket knife for many tasks such as – opening a letter, cutting a hard packet of any product, cutting a rope, or using it as a tool.
Also, it can be used as a rescue tool in any emergency case such as cutting seat belts, breaking car glass, etc. But a good quality tactical EDC knife would be best for multipurpose work.
Most importantly, as an everyday companion, you can use a folding knife as effective self-defense gear against snatchers or attackers.
Question: Do you have reviews of edc knives priced at $150 less or more on this blog?
Answer: Yeah, I have several reviews of EDC pocket knives priced at $150 less or more. These are…
- EDC Knives Under $30
- EDC Knives Under $50
- EDC Knives Under $100
- EDC Knives Under $200
- EDC Knives Under $300
- $500 Knife