Almost all of the EDC knives that have been reviewed here are made in America by some of the most famous American knife manufacturing companies.
My selected knives have long been at the top of the market in the high-quality EDC knife around the $150 price range.
Also, you will be happy to know that the user experience of each of the knives I have recommended here is extremely good.
What Are the Best Pocket Knives Under $150?
- Spyderco Para 3 Signature Folding Knife
- Benchmade – Bugout 535 EDC Manual Open Folding Knife
- Zero Tolerance 0350TS; Folding Pocket Knife
- Cold Steel Recon 1 Series Tactical Folding Knife
- Kershaw Dividend SpeedSafe Assisted Opening EDC Knife
Best Folding Knife Under $150 – Top List Reviews
1. Spyderco Para 3 Signature Folding Utility Pocket Knife
The Para 3 knife comes with some premium features which made the knife an extreme EDC one among all other folders. The knife has an overall length of 7.24″ and when closed is 4.29″ and weight 3.45 ounces.
The 3.18mm thick and 2.95″ long razor-sharp blade is made of high-performing CPM S30V stainless steel and has a durable satin finish. The CPM S30V steel is well known for rust and corrosion resistance as well as long-lasting edge holding capacity.
Due to super hardness, the clip point blade has greater piercing capacity. This sharp blade can be cut through leather, hard plastic, or even a thin metal box.
The handle is crafted with textured G-10 scales over the stainless steel liners. The open-backed structure of the handle minimizes its thickness and provides essential support for the lock.
The ergonomic handle includes a textured pattern and finger grooves for a very solid grip. It also gives an aggressive grip feeling as the handle includes a textured index finger choil and thumb ramp. With a well-grip-able handle, it is easy to get good control in the time of precise cutting chores.
The knife is mechanized with a compression lock. The design of the lock is secure and robust; you would not feel any blade play during use. The lock has no spring mechanism for rusting or breaking, nor is there any ball bearing – which means a knife that is almost maintenance-free.
The total weight of the knife is only 3.45oz which makes it easy to carry accessories for the lightweight EDC knife-seekers. The knife includes a 4-position pocket clip that brings some extra benefits for tip-down/tip-up or left/right-handed users.
No matter if you use this knife for survival, campaign, or for hiking in any remote place it will not disappoint you. All above the manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty for this robust multitasking knife.
- Premium quality CPM S30V stainless steel blade
- The blade is sharp as a scalpel right out of the box
- Polished finish ensures sustainable use and scratch resistance
- Easy one-handed opening and closing folding knife
- Textured G-10 handle and finger grooves for comfortable grip
- Solid compression lock system provides full security while caring and using
- The knife is proudly made in the USA
- An ultra-compact lightweight folding knife is also easy to carry around
- Available in multiple handle colors, blade steels, various serrations, and edge formats
- Not a deep-carry pocket clip
2. Benchmade – Bugout 535 EDC Manual Open Folding Knife
Benchmade’s famous EDC knife is the Bugout 535, each of its premium quality parts is made in America. Bugout 535 is a multipurpose knife that can be used for hiking, camping, backpacking, survival kit, or tackle box. The knife measures 7.46″ full length, 4.22″ fold length, and weighs only 1.85oz (52.45g).
The 0.090″ thick and 3.24″ long blade of the knife is made from Benchmade’s famous steel CPM-S30V (58-60 HRC). Being a very good quality alloy, the blade is able to retain its sharpness well enough for a long time.
Also, the maintenance of the knife is much less required as the stain and corrosion resistance are much higher. So you can use it safely in the outdoor environment.
The razor-sharp blade has an aggressive grind and flat belly, which gives ample control over cutting rope, fibrous material, plastic, or hard objects.
The scales of the ergonomically designed handle are made from Glass Filled Nylon (GFN) and the liner is made of stainless steel. The handle has textured diamond grip patterns that will give you a non-slip grip in all conditions.
The knife can be easily opened with one hand, a slide push on thumb studs or the shaking of your wrist can release the blade. For safety, the knife has an ambidextrous Axis locking mechanism that prevents any type of blade play after opening and gives you a secure feeling.
The knife has a reversible tip-up pocket clip for easy transportation. You’ll be glad to know that the knife is also available in a few different colors and half serrated edges.
- A high-quality pocket knife for almost all types of work on a daily basis
- American made premium quality CPM-S30V steel blade
- The blade is very sharp right out of the box and retains its edge well
- Secure Axis locking system for smooth open and easy close
- Stronger, lighter, and comfortable handle with ergonomic textured grip
- Lanyard hole and reversible pocket clip for flexible carrying options
- The knife features a LifeSharp service and a limited lifetime warranty
- Benchmade Bugout 535 is proudly made in the USA
- Not suitable for heavy work at all
- Re-sharpening is a time-consuming matter
- Manual open folding knife, no assisted mechanism
3. Zero Tolerance 0350TS; Folding Pocket Knife
The Tiger Striped 0350 is one of the most popular folding knife models in the market that is manufactured by the famous American brand Zero Tolerance Knives. The full length of the knife is 7.75″, the folded position is 4.625″ and the weight is 6.2oz.
The 3.25″ long blade is made of premium quality S30V stainless steel (57-59 HRC) and is protected by Tiger-Stripe Tungsten coating. S30V steel blade has much higher wear and corrosion resistance than other blades. In addition, the edge of the blade can be sharpened in a short time, which will not be easily dull even in long use.
Laminate composite G-10 scales and stainless steel liners are used to make the ergonomic handle. The G-10 handle is durable, very light, and temperature changes do not affect it.
The handle has a texture-like check pattern and about an inch of thumb jumping, and a curved shape with deep finger choil – all these features will provide you a firm pinch grip even if your hands get wet or perspire at work.
The most important thing is that the knife has an ambidextrous SpeedSafe assisted opening system which allows you to deploy the blade very fast with any one of your hands.
Not only this, with the help of the flipper or thumb studs you can easily open the blade while wearing any tactical gloves.
It has a liner locking mechanism to use the knife safely when open. The system is highly secure and strong enough; there is no chance of sudden closing or any blade play during use.
The knife has a quad mount carrying clip which facilitates transportation in right or left hand and tip-down or tip-up style.
- Ultra-premium S30V stainless steel blade for heavy-duty use
- Non-reflective camouflage blade coating
- A solid and thick G-10 handle fits perfectly in your hands in any position
- Due to the SpeedSafe mechanism, the blade flies out super fast
- The knife can be opened and closed with one hand
- Thick and convincing stainless steel liner locking system
- Multiple carrying options through the 4-position pocket clip and lanyard hole
- ZT Tiger Stripe 0350 is proudly made in the USA
- Limited lifetime warranty by Zero Tolerance
- Slightly bulky (6.2oz) but a reliable EDC knife
4. Cold Steel Recon 1 Series Tactical Folding Knife
Cold Steel brand is known for raising the knife manufacturing grade in the knife industry. This best budget tactical knife has a 4″ long straight edge blade. The blade is made of premium quality CPM-S35VN steel (HRC 60-62).
The best part is the core alloy is precisely vacuum heat-treated and sub-zero quenched. All of these processes make the blade more durable, sharp as well as ensure a long-lasting edge.
To prepare it for the tactical mission, the blade is coated with a black DLC finish that provides it with 3 prime tactical advantages.
First of all, it makes the blade resist rust.
Second, its stealthy feature, this black coating eliminates illumination and reflection of light.
Finally, the DLC finish turns the blade super lubricant and enough slip which can easily go through the taught element without creating any friction.
The Recon 1 comes with G-10 laminate scales which are scalloped and artfully contoured for a firm, nonslip superior grip. Moreover, the knife is assembled by the latest and durable mechanical fasteners and anchored with 6061 heat-treated spacers.
Most importantly, this 9.38″ tactical folder is assembled with Cold Steel’s revolutionary Tri-Ad locking mechanism, which effectively reduces lock failure.
The Cold Steel brand also used a thumb disc for making the folding knife easy to open and has a strong reversible tip-up pocket clip for comfortable carry.
With this knife, you will get a limited lifetime warranty on behalf of “Cold Steel” one of the best pocket knife brands.
- Ultra-premium CPM-S35VN steel blade is a great value for the price
- Spearpoint blade is 3.5mm (0.13″) thick which is very agile for extreme use
- Heavy-duty textured black G-10 handle scales
- Ergonomically curved handle with deep finger grooves for aggressive grip
- Secure and strong Tri-Ad locking mechanism
- Smooth and effortless single-handed opening and closing
- The knife is equipped ambidextrous pocket clip
- The military-grade knife comes with a lifetime warranty
- The total weight is 5.3 oz, which is a bit heavy
5. Kershaw Dividend SpeedSafe Assisted Opening EDC Knife
The Kershaw Dividend is a 7.25″ EDC knife that has outstanding features. The 3″ blade of this pocket knife is made of composite steel – non-staining N690 steel is used on the upper part of the blade and CPM-D2 steel is used on the front of the blade for an ultra-sharp cutting edge.
The blade has a stonewash finish – which gives it a matte look and makes it remarkably corrosion resistant. The drop point blade consists of a plain edge and a Wharncliffe design that gives the knife a sleek appearance.
The ergonomic handle of the folding knife is crafted from 6061-T6 Aluminum, which provides great strength to the handle. The distinctive anodized, olive green handle feels great in my hand.
With a closed length of 4.25″, the knife features a SpeedSafe assisted opening mechanism which allows easy one-handed blade deployment by simply pulling back on the ambidextrous flipper.
The one-of-a-kind liner lock system of the Dividend is incredibly sturdy. I couldn’t find any blade play in any direction when being used and the blade is fully centered when folded.
The 2.8oz lightweight EDC knife comes with a deep-carry pocket clip – which allows both the right-or left-handed carry with the tip-up or tip-down adjustment.
Kershaw Dividend is proudly manufactured in Tualatin, Oregon, USA, as well as has a warranty against any defects in materials or workmanship.
- USA-made lightweight EDC knife perfect for using on a daily basis
- D2 composite steel blade is made using a state-of-the-art technique
- The blade is sharp as hell out of the box
- It has long-lasting edge retention characteristics
- The metal handle is durable and lightweight
- The handle is slightly curved for an easy and very tight grip
- The liner lock mechanism engages perfectly and is rock solid
- Speedsafe ensures quick, safe, and easy single-handed assisted opening
- A four-position pocket clip makes it convenient to carry
- EDC for light duty only
Frequently Asked Questions About the Best EDC Knife Under $150 (FAQ)
Question: Should I buy a pocket knife for everyday carry?
Answer: Of course, we should all buy a good quality EDC knife. Almost every day we need to use a pocket knife for many tasks such as – opening a letter, cutting a hard packet of any product, cutting a rope, or using it as a tool.
Also, it can be used as a rescue tool in any emergency case such as cutting seat belts, breaking car glass, etc. But a good quality tactical EDC knife would be best for multipurpose work.
Most importantly, as an everyday companion, you can use a folding knife as an effective self-defense gear against snatchers or attackers.
Question: Do you have reviews of EDC knives priced at $150 less or more on this blog?
Answer: Yeah, I have several reviews of EDC pocket knives priced at $150 less or more. These are…