For those whose budget is around $250 and looking for a good quality pocket knife, after long research and use I have found some knives for them.
What Are the Best Pocket Knives Under $250?
- Spyderco Para 3 Signature Folding Knife
- Zero Tolerance 0450CF Folding Knife
- Off-Grid Scorpion Elite Series Folding Knife
- Kizer Cutlery Begleiter Folding Pocket Knife
- Spyderco Military Model Signature USA-Made Folding Knife
- Zero Tolerance 0350TS Folding Pocket Knife
- Victorinox Swiss Army Multi-Tool SwissChamp XLT Pocket Knife
Review of the 7 Best Folding Knives Under $250
1. Spyderco Para 3 Signature Folding Utility Pocket Knife
Spyderco Para 3 is an upgraded and more compact version of the predecessor Para 2. The pocket knife has a total length of 7.24″, folded length of 4.29″, and a weight of only 3.45oz.
The blade of this EDC knife is made with premium quality CPM S30V stainless steel. Also, the 2.95″ long and 3.18mm thick blade is given rust and scratch-resistant satin finish for protection.
When I opened the new packet, I found a well-sharpened blade. I had no problem or hassle while cutting utility rope, cardboard, leather, hard plastic, electric wires, set belt, or any other similar type object.
The handle has textured G-10 scales and stainless steel liners. A strong and slim profile handle is easy to grasp. Due to the textured scales and ergonomically curved design of the handle, I got a non-slip grip on wet or sweaty hands.
The knife can be easily opened and closed with one hand. A compression lock is used to secure the folding knife. Smooth and consistent action; I had not faced any blade play at all. Having a solid locking system provides complete security during transportation and use.
It has a 4-position pocket clip (tip-up/tip-down or left/right-hand) for versatile carrying options.
- The blade is scalpel-sharp right out of the box
- Ultra-premium CPM S30V steel is very resistant to rust and corrosion
- Blade provides superior edge-holding
- Textured G10 scales and finger grooves for a firm hold
- No spring or ball bearing, almost maintenance-free folding knife
- Spyderco offers a rock-solid lifetime warranty
- The EDC knife is proudly made in the USA
- Available in various handle colors, steels, serrations, and edge formats
- Not a deep-carry pocket clip
2. Zero Tolerance 0450CF Sinkevich Folding Knife
If you are a hunter, police officer, survival expert, or business professional and are looking for a multifunctional high-end tactical knife, you should buy this Zero Tolerance 0450CF folder.
The 0450CF is a smaller, lighter, and more compact version of their classic 0454 model. This knife only weighs 2.45 ounces and when closed it is only 4.12″ and overall length of 7.375″.
The upwards pointed 3.25″ blade is razor-sharp, 0.121″ thick, and made of super quality S35VN stainless steel. This type of steel gives outstanding resistance to corrosion and longtime edge holding capability.
The coating, Tungsten Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) makes the blade non-reflective. It also helps to improve the hardness of the blade and reduce friction drag.
The sturdy knife features a durable handle, you will get a secure grip on the handle with black carbon fiber on the front and a titanium scale on the back.
The knife also comes with KVT ball-bearing system, it offers one-handed opening or closing quite fast and smoothes without any help of assisted Opening mechanism. It has a decent size ambidextrous flipper to make opening easier if wearing gloves.
The quad mounting system is for tip-up, tip-down, and left or right clip carry. This best Zero Tolerance knife is made in the United States and has a limited lifetime warranty.
- All-purpose gentleman’s EDC knife
- Ultra-premium stainless steel blade
- S35VN SS is 5x stronger than the regular steel
- Super lightweight EDC knife
- 4-position clip makes it easier to carry
- Secure Titanium frame locking system
- Includes a lanyard hole
- It is not made for heavy-duty use
- The handle is relatively small compared to the big hand
3. Off-Grid Scorpion Elite Series Folding Knife
Off-grid means premium quality product and when it comes to the Scorpion Elite series it is really worth your money. The 4″ long blade of this knife is made from premium-grade blade steel Bohler M390.
I found a very sharp knife out of the box and after three months of continuous use it did not rust or notice any major change in the sharpness. The blade is also coated with stain and rust-proof Slate Gray DLC.
Due to the super-sharp edge and wide belly of the blade, there was no difficulty in cutting various objects. Also when I try to make some small holes in the wood or in steel cans its tip seems to be very strong.
With the help of the flipper, I was able to easily deploy the blade with one hand and the frame lock mechanism has been able to hold the blade very well.
The handle scales and hardware are made of Grade 5 6AL4V Titanium with Carbon Fiber inlays. The size of the handle is quite good (4.75″), is comfortable to hold, and fits in my hand very easily.
Also having high-quality pivot ceramic bearings, the action of opening and closing the knife in one hand has become very smooth and fast.
The titanium pocket clip is reversible and can be carried deep in the left or right-handed tip-up condition.
It measures the closed length of 4.75″; the overall length of 8.75″ and the knife weighs 4.9 ounces.
- Hard use folding knife but not too heavy
- Blade steel is incredibly tear and wear-resistant
- Hold its sharpness for a very long time
- Handle feels very solid with ergonomic jimping
- Ceramic bearings make smooth opening and closing
- Lock up is steady and firm; no blade play
- Reversible titanium pocket clip for deep tip-up carry
- The knife is backed by an Off-Grid lifetime warranty
- The M390 steel is very hard and difficult to sharpen once dull
4. Kizer Cutlery Begleiter Pocket Knife V4458
Very nice looking and attractive 8.17″ long tactical folding knife has a tanto-shaped 3.5″ long blade. Kizer uses premium quality CPM-S35VN stainless steel to make the super sharp blade.
To test its sharpness and edge retention, I used the blade for everyday carry tasks such as cutting cardboard, plastic, leather, utility cords, set belts, zip-ties, stripping wire, and other fibrous materials, the results of which are very promising.
I’m also quite impressed by the anodized aluminum-made ergonomic and well-balanced handle with a satin finish. The user-friendly shape of the handle gives me a comfortable and tight grip.
The action is very fast and smooth as the knife has a ball-bearing pivot. Also, I can easily open or close the knife with one hand.
Due to the powerful liner lock system, the blade locks up nicely without any vertical or horizontal play.
The knife includes a milled titanium pocket clip for easy everyday carrying.
All the parts of the shining knife are completely coated with a satin finish. So no stains or scratches were found after several months of use.
Kizer provides a rock-solid guarantee against defects in material and workmanship as well as a limited lifetime warranty.
- Slim profile & lightweight (2.93oz)- a perfect gentleman’s tactical knife
- Very well-built EDC knife, not so outrageously expensive
- The blade is sharp as hell out of the box
- It can take and hold a razor-sharp edge over the long haul
- The tanto tip is strong enough to pierce hard
- The handle is comfortable in my large hands
- The pocket clip is strong and holds well
- The pocket clip is fixed, not reversible or deep carry
6. Zero Tolerance Tiger-Stripe 0350TS Pocket Knife
According to me and many other knife enthusiasts, the Tiger-Stripe is the most successful EDC model made by the Zero Tolerance Company.
The blade is made of premium quality S30V stainless steel (HRC 57-59) which is able to hold its sharp edge for a long time. To increase rust and corrosion resistance the blade is also protected with a durable camouflage tiger-stripe tungsten DLC coating.
The 3.25″ long razor-sharp blade is slightly recurved which makes it more effective for push cutting of any hard objects like plastic, small branches, and cardboard.
The best part is, the hollow grind drop point blade has a wide belly with a straight cutting edge that is very useful for outdoor chores like skinning, slicing, feathering sticks, or chopping.
The black G-10 laminated scales handle has a decent texture pattern to give a non-slip firm grip to wet or sweaty hands. The stainless steel liner structure includes a smart SpeedSafe assisted opening system.
Only one hand is enough to open the knife; you just need to give an adequate push on the ambidextrous flipper or thumb stud, and the blade automatically flies out very quickly. The liner locking mechanism also ensures fully secure use and carrying.
With a closed length of 4.625″, the EDC knife has a reversible 4-position pocket clip that makes it easy to carry with left or right-handed, tip-up, or tip-down options. The folding knife is proudly made in the USA and is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
All the above features have made the ZT Tiger-Stripe a great all-purpose pocket knife for hunters, survivalists, campers, fishermen, fast responders, soldiers, policemen, or everyday users as well as a remarkable gift item for anyone.
- The 7.75″ long knife is designed for heavy work
- Premium-grade S30V stainless steel blade
- Extra vanadium and carbon to protect against rust and dullness
- Tough, stable, lightweight, and weather-protected G-10 handle
- Texture, thumb jimping, finger grove, and curved design for a user-friendly grip
- A secure and rock-solid locking mechanism
- Speedsafe Assisted System for very quick and effortless releasing
- One-handed opening and closing EDC knife
- Lanyard hole and quad-mounted pocket clip for flexible carrying
- Total weight 6.2oz which is a little heavy