A pocket knife is a tool that can be used every day in any circumstance.
When you buy an EDC knife, especially if it is your first knife, you should consider every aspect of the knife and find the one that fits your personal requirements.
Here I have reviewed a variety of best folding knives under $200 that will meet your personal needs in any situation.
What Are the Best EDC Knives Under $200?
- Spyderco Para Military 2 Signature EDC Knife
- Zero Tolerance Tiger-Stripe 0350TS Pocket Knife
- Cold Steel Recon 1 Series Tactical Folding Knife
- Benchmade Bugout 535 American Made Folding Knife
- Zero Tolerance 0350 Folding Pocket Knife
- Benchmade 940-2 Osborne Folding Knife
Best Folding Knife Under $200 – Top List Review
1. Spyderco Para Military 2 Signature Folding Knife
If you need a safe, compact, lightweight, and easy-to-carry pocket knife under $200, make the Spyderco Paramilitary 2 Signature your selection today. A multitasking tactical EDC knife that is considerable for various works like chopping, slashing, stabbing, slicing, or defending yourself.
The knife has a 3.42″ long and 0.14″ thick blade that is made of premium-grade CPM S30V stainless steel (HRC: 58-59). Its full-flat grind blade is also coated with a bead blast protective layer. The blade comes very sharp, holds a razor-sharp edge for a long time, and also it is easy enough to re-sharpen.
The handle structure is designed with stainless steel liners. They are nested into the black textured G-10 scales. Ergonomically designed textured scales prevent slippage and give superior control.
For a large or gloved hand, it has a 14mm Spyderco indexed round hole that allows you to open the blade with one hand. After deploying the blade, a compression lock mechanism holds the blade like a fixed knife. The locking system is developed and patented by Spyderco.
There is a stainless steel pocket clip for immediate accessibility and makes it convenient to carry. Four positions pocket clip supports for tip-down/tip-up as well as for left/right-handed options.
It has a folded length of 4.82″, cutting edge length of 3.07″, and opened length of 8.24″. The weight of this folding knife is 3.83oz (109gm), making it very easy to carry.
Spyderco Paramilitary 2 comes in several colors/edges, black/silver, camo/silver, black/black, camo/black as well as plain or spyder edge blade.
The same model is also available in the left-handed version, check it out: Spyderco Para Military 2 Signature Left-Handed Folding Knife
- An EDC knife that is very easy to use and maintain
- Premium-quality CPM S30V stainless steel blade is corrosion and rust-free
- The full flat-ground blade is scalpel-sharp out of the box
- Tough, lightweight, weatherproof, and non-slip G-10 handle
- There is jimping on the spine and finger coil for more control and grip
- Single-handed blade opening and closing is smooth, easy, and quick
- The rock-solid locking mechanism ensures no blade play in any direction
- Lanyard hole and 4-way pocket clip for suitable carrying option
- Weighing just 3.83 ounces you won’t feel anything in your pocket
- A military-grade pocket knife is made in the USA
- The knife is bracketed by a limited lifetime warranty
- The knife is very good, I didn’t find any significant cons to mention
2. Zero Tolerance Tiger-Stripe 0350TS Pocket Knife
According to me and many other knife enthusiasts, the Tiger-Stripe is the most successful EDC model made by the Zero Tolerance Company.
The blade is made of premium quality S30V stainless steel (HRC 57-59) which is able to hold its sharp edge for a long time. To increase rust and corrosion resistance the blade is also protected with a durable camouflage tiger-stripe tungsten DLC coating.
The 3.25″ long razor-sharp blade is slightly recurved which makes it more effective for push cutting of any hard objects like plastic, small branches, and cardboard.
The best part is, the hollow grind drop point blade has a wide belly with a straight cutting edge that is very useful for outdoor chores like skinning, slicing, feathering sticks, or chopping.
The black G-10 laminated scales handle has a decent texture pattern to give a non-slip firm grip to wet or sweaty hands. The stainless steel liner structure includes a smart SpeedSafe assisted opening system.
Only one hand is enough to open the knife; you just need to give an adequate push on the ambidextrous flipper or thumb stud, the blade automatically flies out very quickly. The liner locking mechanism also ensures fully secure use and carrying.
With a closed length of 4.625″, the EDC knife has a reversible 4-position pocket clip that makes it easy to carry with left or right-handed, tip-up, or tip-down options. The folding knife is proudly made in the USA and backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
All the above features have made the ZT Tiger-Stripe a great all-purpose pocket knife to the hunters, survivalists, camper, fishermen, fast responders, soldiers, policemen, or everyday users as well as a remarkable gift item to anyone.
- The 7.75″ long knife is designed for heavy work
- Premium-grade S30V stainless steel blade
- Extra vanadium and carbon to protect against rust and dullness
- Tough, stable, lightweight, and weather-protected G-10 handle
- Texture, thumb jimping, finger grove, and curved design for user-friendly grip
- A secure and rock-solid locking mechanism
- Speedsafe Assisted System for very quick and effortless releasing
- One-handed opening and closing EDC knife
- Lanyard hole and quad-mounted pocket clip for flexible carrying
- Total weight 6.2oz which is a little heavy
3. Cold Steel Recon 1 Series Tactical Folding Knife
It is one of the newest and best budget tactical knives in the Cold Steel Recon 1 Series; especially this model is famous for its robustness, compactness, and easier to handle.
The blade is crafted from premium quality CPM-S35VN stainless steel (HRC 60-62). The spear point blade is 3.5mm (0.13″) thick and 4″ long which ensures that it is able to penetrate deep into its hard targets.
The most important thing about this blade is that the steel core goes through the processes of precise vacuum heat-treatment and sub-zero quenched. All of these courses of action make the blade stronger, shaper, as well as provide an outstanding edge holding capability.
The textured black G-10 laminate scales and stainless steel liners make the handle very durable and ergonomic. A slightly curved handle features deep finger grooves to ensure non-slip grip and superior control in extreme scenarios.
Revolutionary Tri-Ad locking mechanism makes it easy to one-handed use if you apply the appropriate flick of the wrist or thumb. This means that it is safe to use; would not open unless you operate it.
With a folded length of 5.38″, the EDC knife has a reversible tip-up pocket clip that makes it convenient to carry every day.
- A 9.38″ long hefty tactical knife designed for heavy-duty use
- Cryogenically heat conducted CPM-S35VN steel blade
- Blade takes and will stay very sharp over the long haul
- Stealthy DLC coating makes the blade rest-proof and very attractive
- Textured G-10 handle is very comfortable to hold and grip
- Due to the Tri-Ad locking mechanism, the “action” is secure and solid
- Quick and effortless single-handed opening and closing
- Thumb studs for easy blade deployment
- Lanyard hole and a versatile pocket clip that is adjustable
- Cold Steel offers a rock-solid limited lifetime warranty
- Overall weight 5.2 ounces which is a little bulky
4. Benchmade Bugout 535 American Made Manual Open Folding Knife
If you need a sturdy, lightweight and slim profile pocket knife for outdoor hiking, survival, camping, or backpacking then buy this best EDC knife under $200 from Benchmade. You’ll be happy to know that the knife is available in a few different colored handles and is partially serrated blades.
The folding knife has a 3.24” drop-point blade that is crazy sharp and holds a very nice edge for a long time. The blade is made of premium-quality CPM-S30V stainless steel (58-60 HRC) with coated finish.
The core alloy is hard enough and corrosion resistance is also very good. With an overall length of 7.46″ and 2.3mm thickness, this straight-edge blade cuts through thin metals and thick objects.
Due to the aggressively textured grip, the Glass Reinforced Nylon (GRN) handle feels tough and comfortable enough to me. With stainless steel liners, it’s easy to notice the robust design and build-in quality.
The knife comes with an AXIS locking mechanism that ensures users’ safety as well as a smooth manual opening and closing every time with ease. Like other manual knives, it has ambidextrous thumb studs and can be operated with one hand.
The knife has a closed length of 4.22″ and a weight of 1.85oz which means it can be easily carried in the pocket without feeling anything. The reversible pocket clip allows the right or left position for tip-up carry.
Benchmade Bugout is manufactured in the USA and offers a lifetime warranty. You will enjoy high value for money after purchasing this tactical folding knife for versatile use.
- American made premium grade CPM-S30V steel blade
- The blade is sharp as a scalpel out of the box
- Fully ambidextrous ranger green Grivory handle with textured grip
- The large and arthritic handle is super easy to hold
- The ergonomic handle has a lanyard hole
- Reversible pocket clip for versatile carrying option
- Lifetime warranty as well as life-sharp service from Benchmade
- Benchmade Bugout is a true multi-purpose tool for EDC and outdoor
- Re-sharpening takes time
- The pocket clip will be a little tight at first
- The featherweight pocket knife is not designed for heavy work
5. Zero Tolerance 0350 Folding Pocket Knife
Zero Tolerance has introduced the new 0350 in response to customer demands. Compared to ZT0300, ZT0350 has a 10% decrease in size and weight but has the same aggressive tendencies. Its overall length is 7.625″, closed length is 4.625″ and weight is 6.2oz.
The 3.25″ long and 0.121″ thick recurve drop point blade is made of premium quality S30V stainless steel (HRC 57-59). The blade has a protective non-reflective black Tungsten Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) coating that provides excellent durability, wear, and corrosion-resistant.
This best pocket knife under $200 features a G-10 handle. The scales are matte-black and textured for supporting a firm grip in slippery and wet cases.
Also, the structure of the well-balanced handle is designed with two stainless steel liner plates. The handle is 4.63″ (11.7 cm) long and there is a lanyard hole on the bottom of the handle.
Thanks to the SpeedSafe assisted mechanism and liner locking system, single-handed opening and closing make it much safer and easier, especially in difficult situations such as fishing, hunting, tactical, or self-defense use.
It is a unique piece because the blade can easily be introduced using the thumb studs or press a flipper even in combat gloves.
The all-purpose EDC knife also comes with a reversible quad mounting system (tip-up or tip-down, left or right-handed) pocket clip to be conveniently carried in the pocket or clipped to the belt.
- Strong blade constructed from ultra-premium S30V stainless steel
- High levels of vanadium and carbon for maximum performance
- A fair match in terms of maintaining sharpness for a long time
- Durable, robust, lightweight, and temperature resistant G-10 scales handle
- The heavy-use handle is textured for comfortable and non-slip grip
- SpeedSafe assisted opening mechanism for quick opening in one hand
- Four-position pocket clip and lanyard hole to carry the knife as desired
- You will get a lifetime warranty and free sharpening service
- Made in America to ensure the highest quality
- There are no other cons except a little heavyweight
6. Benchmade 940-2 Osborne Folding Knife
When it comes to every day carrying knives, Benchmade knives are one of the most robust and practical choices for any knife enthusiast. With a reverse tanto fine edge blade, Benchmade-940 Osborne is perfect for hiker, camper, backpacker, EDC collector, and utility user.
The knife has a 3.4” long high-end CPM-S30V stainless steel (HRC 58-60) blade coated with a satin finish. Due to higher edge retention and greater resistance to corrosion, the ultra-sharp blade is extremely durable and effective for outdoor activities.
The black G10 handle is lightweight, resistant to moisture, and offers a comfortable grip making it ready to use in any situation. For additional safety and durability, the handle is built with two stainless steel liners.
It has a secure AXIS locking mechanism with which it can be safely used and carried away. This manual-open folding knife can be closed and opened with just one hand.
The EDC knife is ambidextrous and comes with a right-hand or left-hand tip-up pocket clip. Benchmade also offers a lifetime warranty along with LifeSharp service for the knife, which ensures that it is always in the best condition and ready to use.
It has an overall length of 7.87″, a folded length of just 4.47″ and weighs in at just 2.65oz. All these features make it one of the best EDC pocket knives under $200 available in the market.
- The knife is light like a feather which is very ideal to carry every day
- American made stain and corrosion-free CPM-S30V super-steel blade
- The blade is nimble, multifaceted, and sharp as hell out of the box
- Once sharpened, will not dull very quickly
- The handle is durable, lightweight, good sized, and easy to hold
- Gnarled texture for user-friendly and non-slip grip
- Lock construction is very solid, surely no blade play
- The pocket clip is a reversible and deep carry
- Benchmade – 940 is proudly made in the USA
- Not suitable for heavy work at all
- Sharpening the blade may seem difficult for non-professionals