A pocket knife is a tool that can be used every day in any circumstance.
When you buy an EDC knife, especially if it is your first knife, you should consider every aspect of the knife and find the one that fits your personal requirements.
Here I have reviewed a variety of best folding knives under $200 that will meet your personal needs in any situation.
What Are the Best EDC Knives Under $200?
- Spyderco Para Military 2 Signature EDC Knife
- Zero Tolerance Tiger-Stripe 0350TS Pocket Knife
- Benchmade Mini Griptilian 556 EDC Knife
- Cold Steel Recon 1 Series Tactical Folding Knife
- Benchmade Bugout 535 American Made Folding Knife
- Spyderco Manix 2 Lightweight EDC Knife
- Zero Tolerance 0350 Folding Pocket Knife
- Benchmade 940-2 Osborne Folding Knife
- Spirit Deed Damascus Folding Knife
Best Folding Knife Under $200 – Top List Review
1. Spyderco Para Military 2 Signature Folding Knife
If you need a safe, compact, lightweight, and easy-to-carry pocket knife under $200, make the Spyderco Paramilitary 2 your selection today. It has a folded length of 4.82″ and an opened length of 8.29″. A multitasking tactical EDC knife that is considerable for various tasks like chopping, slashing, stabbing, slicing, and defending yourself.
The knife has a 3.47″ long and 0.14″ thick blade that is made of premium-grade CPM CRU-WEAR steel (HRC: 60-65). The full flat-ground blade came wicked sharp with a satin finish. The blade is big enough to handle any kind of heavy work and compact enough to easily fold up and carry in a pocket.
I have tested all the tasks we do for camping and survival purposes such as cutting paracord, rope, digging, feathering or chopping sticks/branches, vegetation, slicing meat or filleting fish, and piercing/stabbing into dense objects. I got such a good performance that I have no dissatisfaction with it.
Also, when cutting household or utility objects like tape, cloth, plastic, cardboard, zip-ties, electric wires, opening packages, and other fibrous materials, I feel like a hot knife is going through butter.
After three months of testing with a lot of abuse, there were no stains or edge chipping. It also has better edge retention than any other tool steel I’ve seen. I thought re-sharpening might be difficult but no, the hair-splitting sharp edge was re-stored very quickly.
Handle features canvas Micarta scales over nested full stainless steel liners. The classic brown Micarta is a lightweight but very strong material. Premium Micarta scales looked amazing and felt so nice and smooth that I had never experienced before.
The handle size is large enough (4.82”), with finger grooves and a thinner profile that can be easily gripped by large or small hands. It felt solid and grippy with enough texture and never slipped from my wet or sweaty hands while working.
When I first opened the knife, I was amazed at the performance of its buttery-smooth opening washer pivot system. It has a 14mm round hole that allows you to open the blade with one hand. A gentle flick of my wrist or a slight push on the blade’s hole smoothly deployed the blade and locked it into place with a click sound.
After deploying the blade, a compression lock mechanism holds the blade like a fixed knife. When I freed the locking mechanism the blade automatically dropped right down to the folded position. Also, the blade centering was middle all the time. The revolutionary locking system was developed and patented by Spyderco.
There is a stainless steel pocket clip for immediate accessibility which makes it convenient to carry. Four-position pocket clip supports for tip-down/tip-up as well as for left/right-handed options.
Additionally, Spyderco Paramilitary 2 comes in several colors/edges – black/silver, camo/silver, black/black, camo/black as well as plain or spyder edge blade.
The same model is also available in the left-handed version, check it out: Spyderco Para Military 2 Signature Left-Handed Folding Knife
Heavy duty EDC for rough life but the knife is light enough (3.83 oz) for everyday carry, even though sometimes I hardly feel it in my jeans pocket. I really like the fit and finish of the knife. Also an ideal pocket knife for many years of uninterrupted use.
- Premium-quality CPM S45VN stainless steel blade
- Knife arrived scalpel-sharp straight out of the box
- G-10 handle is long, durable, and non-slip
- Jimping on spine and choil for more controlled cut
- Single-handed blade opening and closing
- Mechanism action is smooth, easy, and quick
- Rock-solid lock-up, no blade play in any direction
- Lanyard hole & 4-way reversible deep pocket clip
- Military-grade EDC is easy to use and maintain
- Knife is bracketed by a limited lifetime warranty
- This PM-2 is expertly crafted in the USA
- So far, I haven’t had any issues with it.
2. Zero Tolerance Tiger-Stripe 0350TS Pocket Knife
According to me and many other knife enthusiasts, the Tiger-Stripe is the most successful EDC model made by the Zero Tolerance Company.
The blade is made of premium quality S30V stainless steel (HRC 57-59) which is able to hold its sharp edge for a long time. To increase rust and corrosion resistance the blade is also protected with a durable camouflage tiger-stripe tungsten DLC coating.
The 3.25″ long razor-sharp blade is slightly recurved which makes it more effective for push cutting of any hard objects like plastic, small branches, and cardboard.
The best part is, the hollow grind drop point blade has a wide belly with a straight cutting edge that is very useful for outdoor chores like skinning, slicing, feathering sticks, or chopping.
The black G-10 laminated scales handle has a decent texture pattern to give a non-slip firm grip to wet or sweaty hands. The stainless steel liner structure includes a smart SpeedSafe assisted opening system.
Only one hand is enough to open the knife; you just need to give an adequate push on the ambidextrous flipper or thumb stud, the blade automatically flies out very quickly. The liner locking mechanism also ensures fully secure use and carrying.
With a closed length of 4.625″, the EDC knife has a reversible 4-position pocket clip that makes it easy to carry with left or right-handed, tip-up, or tip-down options. The folding knife is proudly made in the USA and backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
All the above features have made the ZT Tiger-Stripe a great all-purpose pocket knife for hunters, survivalists, campers, fishermen, fast responders, soldiers, policemen, or everyday users as well as a remarkable gift item for anyone.
- The 7.75″ long knife is designed for heavy work
- Premium-grade S30V stainless steel blade
- Extra vanadium and carbon to protect against rust and dullness
- Tough, stable, lightweight, and weather-protected G-10 handle
- Texture, thumb jimping, finger grove, and curved design for a user-friendly grip
- A secure and rock-solid locking mechanism
- Speedsafe Assisted System for very quick and effortless releasing
- One-handed opening and closing EDC knife
- Lanyard hole and quad-mounted pocket clip for flexible carrying
- Total weight 6.2oz which is a little heavy
3. Benchmade Mini Griptilian 556 EDC Knife
The Benchmade Mini Griptilian is a gentleman’s EDC knife that comes in handy in several situations, especially for its size and flexibility. Its overall length is 6.78″, closed length is 3.87″, and weight is 2.81 oz.
The hollow grind blade is 2.91″ long and 0.100″ thick and is made of premium quality CPM-S30V stainless steel (58-61 HRC). A durable satin coating makes the blade wear-resistant. The blade is designed with a drop point shape that makes the tip as strong as possible for smooth piercing. The blade is razor sharp which is great for a variety of daily utility tasks.
Benchmade Griptilian scales are made of fiberglass-reinforced nylon that is lightweight and immensely sturdy; ideal for shock-absorbing. The nested stainless steel liners beneath the handle make it durable enough to withstand extreme pressure. Full-size liners fit precisely to scales. To hold the handle ergonomically, it has plenty of jumping, a great thumb ramp, comfortable choil, and diamond-shaped grip patterns on the scales.
Deployment is easy and smooth as a result of the Phosphor bronze washers around the pivot. With just a flick of the wrist or slight pressure on the thumb studs, I can easily open the blade with one hand.
Benchmade’s AXIS lock is very popular, reliable, and easy to use. The lock never failed to engage the blade after months of light and heavy use. I’ve also never heard of a Griptilian user who had a blade fall on their finger due to a lock failure. The blade can be easily unlocked with one hand and the retention and centering of the blade after closing is also perfect.
The black-coated reversible pocket clip of this EDC knife retains pretty well and buries very deep too. All these features also make it easy to carry around.
As Benchmade knives are comparatively more expensive and come with lifetime free sharpening and servicing, always buy the product from an authorized dealer to avoid unnecessary hassles. Besides, the knife is also available in multiple serrations, shapes, sizes, steels, and colors.
- Blade came terribly sharp from the factory
- It holds an edge well and is not hard to sharpen
- Grivory handle is strong, stable, and does not flex
- Comfortable and grippy either wet or dry
- One hand opening/closing action is butter smooth
- The Axis lock is ambidextrous and user-friendly
- Lockup is secure, with no wiggle in the blade
- Like a feather, you’ll forget it’s in your pocket
- The knife has a great lifetime warranty service
- USA made, I always prefer products made in America
- Handle is a bit small for my large hand
4. Cold Steel Recon 1 Series Tactical Folding Knife
It is one of the newest and best budget tactical knives in the Cold Steel Recon 1 Series; especially this model is famous for its robustness, compactness, and easier to handle.
The blade is crafted from premium quality CPM-S35VN stainless steel (HRC 60-62). The spear point blade is 3.5mm (0.13″) thick and 4″ long which ensures that it is able to penetrate deep into its hard targets.
The most important thing about this blade is that the steel core goes through the processes of precise vacuum heat-treatment and sub-zero quenched. All of these courses of action make the blade stronger, shaper, as well as provide an outstanding edge holding capability.
The textured black G-10 laminate scales and stainless steel liners make the handle very durable and ergonomic. A slightly curved handle features deep finger grooves to ensure non-slip grip and superior control in extreme scenarios.
Revolutionary Tri-Ad locking mechanism makes it easy to one-handed use if you apply the appropriate flick of the wrist or thumb. This means that it is safe to use; would not open unless you operate it.
With a folded length of 5.38″, the EDC knife has a reversible tip-up pocket clip that makes it convenient to carry every day.
- A 9.38″ long hefty tactical knife designed for heavy-duty use
- Cryogenically heat conducted CPM-S35VN steel blade
- Blade takes and will stay very sharp over the long haul
- Stealthy DLC coating makes the blade rest-proof and very attractive
- Textured G-10 handle is very comfortable to hold and grip
- Due to the Tri-Ad locking mechanism, the “action” is secure and solid
- Quick and effortless single-handed opening and closing
- Thumb studs for easy blade deployment
- Lanyard hole and a versatile pocket clip that is adjustable
- Cold Steel offers a rock-solid limited lifetime warranty
- Overall weight is 5.2 ounces which is a little bulky
5. Benchmade Bugout 535 American Made Manual Open Folding Knife
If you need a sturdy, lightweight, and slim profile pocket knife for outdoor hiking, survival, camping, or backpacking then buy this best EDC knife under $200 from Benchmade. You’ll be happy to know that the knife is available in a few different colored handles and is partially serrated blades.
The folding knife has a 3.24” drop-point blade that is crazy sharp and holds a very nice edge for a long time. The blade is made of premium-quality CPM-S30V stainless steel (58-60 HRC) with coated finish.
The core alloy is hard enough and corrosion resistance is also very good. With an overall length of 7.46″ and 2.3mm thickness, this straight-edge blade cuts through thin metals and thick objects.
Due to the aggressively textured grip, the Glass Reinforced Nylon (GRN) handle feels tough and comfortable enough to me. With stainless steel liners, it’s easy to notice the robust design and build-in quality.
The knife comes with an AXIS locking mechanism that ensures users’ safety as well as a smooth manual opening and closing every time with ease. Like other manual knives, it has ambidextrous thumb studs and can be operated with one hand.
The knife has a closed length of 4.22″ and a weight of 1.85oz which means it can be easily carried in the pocket without feeling anything. The reversible pocket clip allows the right or left position for tip-up carry.
Benchmade Bugout is manufactured in the USA and offers a lifetime warranty. You will enjoy high value for money after purchasing this tactical folding knife for versatile use.
- American-made premium grade CPM-S30V steel blade
- The blade is sharp as a scalpel out of the box
- Fully ambidextrous ranger green Grivory handle with textured grip
- The large and arthritic handle is super easy to hold
- The ergonomic handle has a lanyard hole
- Reversible pocket clip for versatile carrying option
- Lifetime warranty as well as life-sharp service from Benchmade
- Benchmade Bugout is a true multi-purpose tool for EDC and outdoor
- Re-sharpening takes time
- The pocket clip will be a little tight at first
- The featherweight pocket knife is not designed for heavy work
6. Spyderco Manix 2 Lightweight EDC Knife
Manix 2 is one of the newest EDC models from the Spyderco Company. A CPM S30V stainless steel designed 3.37 inches blade has a drop point tip and razor-sharp cutting edge. CPM S30V steel is comparatively easier to sharpen and holds the edge longer than carbon steel, as well as attractive satin finishing, making it rust protective. The 56-58 Rockwell hardness and 0.13″ blade thickness ensure that it can cut through anything without breaking the blade.
Whether you engage in everyday utility work like slicing, push cutting, puncturing, opening a steel box or other outdoor activities, this lightweight 8 inches pocket knife is an ideal option. The handle is designed with lightweight textured G-10 scales (An Epoxy Filled Woven Glass Fiber). In addition, the gripping is fantastic due to its tacky grip pattern and agile finger grooves design. Just a 2.9 oz weight knife feels nothing in your pocket and makes it easy to move around.
Furthermore, the lock is quite different from other products. It features a next-generation caged ball-bearing lock mechanism. This is a smooth, secure and innovative compressive locking system. One hand can easily release this manual knife through the thumb hole. The knife has an ambidextrous right or left-handed tip-up stainless steel pocket clip. The Manix 2 is manufactured in the USA at Golden Colorado and is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
7. Zero Tolerance 0350 Folding Pocket Knife
Zero Tolerance has introduced the new 0350 in response to customer demands. Compared to ZT0300, ZT0350 has a 10% decrease in size and weight but has the same aggressive tendencies. Its overall length is 7.625″, closed length is 4.625″ and weight is 6.2oz.
The 3.25″ long and 0.121″ thick recurve drop point blade is made of premium quality S30V stainless steel (HRC 57-59). The blade has a protective non-reflective black Tungsten Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) coating that provides excellent durability, wear, and corrosion-resistant.
This best pocket knife under $200 features a G-10 handle. The scales are matte-black and textured for supporting a firm grip in slippery and wet cases.
Also, the structure of the well-balanced handle is designed with two stainless steel liner plates. The handle is 4.63″ (11.7 cm) long and there is a lanyard hole on the bottom of the handle.
Thanks to the SpeedSafe assisted mechanism and liner locking system, single-handed opening and closing make it much safer and easier, especially in difficult situations such as fishing, hunting, tactical, or self-defense use.
It is a unique piece because the blade can easily be introduced using the thumb studs or pressing the flipper even in combat gloves.
The all-purpose tactical assisted opening knife also comes with a reversible quad mounting (tip-up or tip-down, left or right-handed) pocket clip to be conveniently carried in the pocket or clipped to the belt.
- Strong blade constructed from ultra-premium S30V stainless steel
- High levels of vanadium and carbon for maximum performance
- A fair match in terms of maintaining sharpness for a long time
- Durable, robust, lightweight, and temperature resistant G-10 scales handle
- The heavy-use handle is textured for a comfortable and non-slip grip
- SpeedSafe assisted opening mechanism for quick opening in one hand
- Four-position pocket clip and lanyard hole to carry the knife as desired
- You will get a lifetime warranty and free sharpening service
- Made in America to ensure the highest quality
- There are no other cons except a little heavyweight
8. Benchmade 940-2 Osborne Folding Knife
When it comes to every day carrying knives, Benchmade knives are one of the most robust and practical choices for any knife enthusiast. With a reverse tanto fine edge blade, Benchmade-940 Osborne is perfect for hikers, campers, backpackers, EDC collectors, and utility users.
The knife has a 3.4” long high-end CPM-S30V stainless steel (HRC 58-60) blade coated with a satin finish. Due to higher edge retention and greater resistance to corrosion, the ultra-sharp blade is extremely durable and effective for outdoor activities.
The black G10 handle is lightweight, resistant to moisture, and offers a comfortable grip making it ready to use in any situation. For additional safety and durability, the handle is built with two stainless steel liners.
It has a secure AXIS locking mechanism with which it can be safely used and carried away. This manual-open folding knife can be closed and opened with just one hand.
The EDC knife is ambidextrous and comes with a right-hand or left-hand tip-up pocket clip. Benchmade also offers a lifetime warranty along with LifeSharp service for the knife, which ensures that it is always in the best condition and ready to use.
It has an overall length of 7.87″, a folded length of just 4.47″, and weighs in at just 2.65oz. All these features make it one of the best EDC pocket knives under $200 available on the market.
- The knife is light like a feather which is very ideal to carry every day
- American-made stain and corrosion-free CPM-S30V super-steel blade
- The blade is nimble, multifaceted, and sharp as hell out of the box
- Once sharpened, will not dull very quickly
- The handle is durable, lightweight, good-sized, and easy to hold
- Gnarled texture for user-friendly and non-slip grip
- Lock construction is very solid, surely no blade play
- The pocket clip is a reversible and deep carry
- Benchmade – 940 is proudly made in the USA
- Not suitable for heavy work at all
- Sharpening the blade may seem difficult for non-professionals
9. Spirit Deed Handmade Damascus Steel Folding Knife – SD-DSD-SP
The 3.3″ long blade of the knife is made from 67 layers of Japanese steel with a core of VG10 high carbon stainless steel (60-62 HRC) and 33 layers of soft stainless steel on each side for supporting the core.
However, it didn’t feel like other high-quality Japanese steel as the Damascus patterns on the core were folded like a decorative touch. But this is not a fake laser engraved or painted Damascus blade at all. It is real and looks amazing but as a pro, I can understand the differences.
The first one-third of the handle has steel bolsters with wonderful engraved design of a mythological dog and the remaining two-thirds is rosewood. A nice decorative touch is added by inlaying two seashells on each scale to make the rosewood handle even more attractive.
The fittings and finish of the handle are flush perfect, I didn’t find any gaps, uneven surfaces, or sharp edges. The handle is slightly curved and has very wide finger grooves and choil. Due to the ergonomic design, I had no problem getting enough grip with wet or sweaty hands.
Only a flipper is provided to open the heavy blade but thumb studs would have been more convenient. The blade is easy to deploy with one hand, but it’s a bit difficult to close with one hand. Although, after a few days of practice, this didn’t seem to be a problem anymore.
It must be said that the liner lock mechanism is really strong. It locks in place perfectly with no wiggle or play every time the blade is deployed.
There is no pocket clip for carrying the knife but an original leather sheath is provided. Sheath has a loop at the back for attaching to the belt. Overall with light crafting on the sheath looks charming.
The knife’s craftsmanship will appeal to knife collectors. Besides, outdoor enthusiasts can use it for various purposes as it is tactically designed. But what I love most is its packaging which is perfect for gifting.
The manufacturer offers great risk-free shopping, if you’re not happy with this product or whatever reason, simply return it for a FULL REFUND.
Measurement: closed length 4″, overall length 7.3″, blade thickness 0.13″, weight 4.6 oz.
- It’s a piece of heritage and classic art
- Beautiful Damascus pocket knife is handcrafted
- The blade itself is sharp as a scalpel
- Handle feels sturdy and comfortable in hand
- Very smooth opening and closing action
- Handmade genuine leather belt sheath
- Great craftsmanship, definitely worth the money
- Buy with confidence, full money back guarantee
- The knife has no pocket clip