Hi, my name is John Brown, a knife enthusiast, geologist, and founder of “The Tactical Knives”.
TheTacticalKnives.com is a blog where I write reviews, buying guidelines, and tips based on different types of tactical knives, fixed blade knives, folding knives, knife brands, kitchen knives and knife accessories. I have been administering this blog since March 2016 and I bear all the costs of this blog through promotional marketing.
At the end of the year 2016, I took the decision that I will spend a particular portion of my income on the welfare of students. Only because of this reason, this $1500 Annual Student Scholarship Program has been started on January 1st, 2017.
After executing the first program with remarkable success, now I have started the 10th-term scholarship contest on my blog. This is an ongoing Scholarship Program and I hope that as long as I will be continuing this blog, I will keep on leading this scholarship program.
Number of Winners and Amount of Prizes
The best essay writer will be the winner. There will be two winners. The first winner will receive a cash prize of $1000 and the second winner will receive a cash prize of $500.
Scholarship Contest History
1. Winners of 1st Term Scholarship Contest of 2017 (Biannual)
- Albert Clarke (University of California, San Francisco)
- Timothy G. Wooten (University of Texas–Austin)
A total of 39 essays were submitted by 21 people and the winning possibility for a single article was 10.13% and for double articles 20.26%.
2. Winners of 2nd Term Scholarship Contest of 2017 (Biannual)
- Lisa C. Murrell (California State University, Los Angeles)
- Charles A. Johnson (Franklin University, Columbus, Ohio)
A total of 52 essays were submitted by 30 people and the winning possibility for a single article is 5.5% and for double articles is 11%.
3. Winners of 3rd Term Scholarship Contest of 2018 (Biannual)
- Mayra O. Reynolds (Amberton University, Garland, Texas)
- Rod W. Bryson (Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado)
A total of 45 essays were submitted by 31 people. The probability of winning for the single article is 12% and the double article is 24%.
4. Winners of 4th Term Scholarship Contest of 2018 (Biannual)
- Angelo D. Young (Bowie State University, Maryland)
- Ella Anderson (Texas State University, Texas )
A total of 48 essays were submitted by 38 people.
5. Winners of 5th Term Scholarship Contest of 2019 (Annual)
- Donna L. Thomas (California State University, East Bay)
- Gail Brown (Arlington Baptist College – Arlington, Texas)
A total of 65 essays were submitted by 42 people.
6. Winners of 6th Term Scholarship Contest of 2020 (Annual)
- Steve Wall (Arizona State University)
- Melinda Williams ( San Jose State University)
A total of 73 essays were submitted by 51 people.
7. Winners of the 7th Term Scholarship Contest of 2021 (Annual)
- Sienna Bowen (Harper Adams University – Shropshire)
- John Resendez (Washington State University – Pullman, Washington)
A total of 47 essays were submitted by 29 people.
8. Winners of the 8th Term Scholarship Contest of 2022 (Annual)
- Eric Wylie (University of California, San Diego)
- Tamela Flores (Georgia Institute of Technology – Atlanta)
A total of 53 essays were submitted by 38 people.
9. Winners of the 9th Term Scholarship Contest of 2022 (Biannual)
- John Resendez – 2nd time – the 7th term winner (Washington State University – Pullman, Washington)
- Isaac Begun (University of British Columbia – Vancouver, Canada)
A total of 32 essays were submitted by 21 people.
10. The 10th Term Scholarship Contest in 2023 (Annual)
Running (Send your request, and I will send you “The Essay Topic”)
The competition started on 1 January 2023 and will end on 31 December 2023. The winner will be announced on 20 January 2024, winner’s prize will be sent on 30th January 2024
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
To apply for this scholarship you must be a student in high school, college, or university. There is no restriction on age, subject, grade, and country.
How to Take Part or Submission Guidelines
To take part in this scholarship, you have to write an essay based on the knife. Your essay has to be between 1500 to 2500 words.
1. One candidate can write a maximum of 2 essays.
2. Your essay must be 100% unique and plagiarism-free. If I find 1% of it is plagiarized, you will be rejected.
3. Do not include any type of reference link in the article.
The Essay Topic
I will fix your essay topic. Also, I will provide you with the total number of words in the essay, and the resource links + tips. The resources have similar types of articles that will help you to complete the essay even if you are a newbie.
Contact me here for the easy topic: [email protected]
Your subject must be “The Essay Topic” and mention your “Country Name” in the mail body.
Note-1: Some applicants are receiving my replies in their spam box. I suggest you check the spam box along with inbox for my reply.
Note-2: There may be some delay in replying (sending you the essay topic). Remember if you email me I will definitely reply to you even if it is late. So avoid requesting essay topics multiple times even if it is delayed. Multiple requests/emails for a topic may disqualify you.
How I Would Like to Receive Your Entry
After completing the essay, you must e-mail me the essay in a word file or text file attached.
Also, provide me with your name, home address, phone number, photo, and institute name where you are studying now or will be studying. If you do not send me all this personal information, your submission will be rejected.
I respect your privacy and I will never, ever share your personal information with anyone. I will only feature you on this scholarship page as proof of this contest. People would only be able to see your name and institute.
Send me your article through this email address: [email protected]
Your subject must be “The Complete Essay”.
Scholarship Deadline Update, Winner Announcement, and Payout
This scholarship program is arranged every year. This is an ongoing scholarship contest and I hope that as long as I will be continuing this blog, I will keep on leading this program.
Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- You should be aware that entry to the competition gives me the right to make use of your article for my own marketing and promotion should I find it suitable.
- All the submitted essays will be recognized as the property of Thetacticalknives.com
- The contest update and the winners of this contest will be notified via your e-mail and posted on this scholarship page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question-1: Can anyone submit more than one article on more than one topic at a time?
Answer: Yes, one contestant can submit two articles on two topics at a time. In this case, I will provide you with 2 different topics. It will increase your winning possibility.
Question-2: I have taken part in this program once; can I once again or every year take part in this program?
Answer: Yes, you can. You can take part as many times as you like as long as you are a student.
Question-3: Which email (Institutional or Personal) should I use for contact?
Answer: You can use any email to contact me. However, I recommend you contact me with your personal email (Gmail, Yahoo).
Because in many cases I have noticed that when I reply to your institutional email it either bounces or goes to the spam box. Although the number of such incidents is very low (5%), so you do not have to worry.
Last But Not the Least
Finally, if you like my scholarship program and want to help me then please share the home page of my blog on all of your social profiles. Your small initiative will increase the popularity of this blog.
Topics I Am Covering on This Blog
- Best Tactical Knife
- Best Tactical Folding Knife
- Best Tactical Fixed Blade Knife
- Best Fixed Blade Knife
- Best Pocket Knife Brands
- Best EDC Knife Under $100
- Best EDC Knife Under $50
- Best EDC Knife Under $30
- Best Combat Knife
- Best Tactical Self Defense Knife
- Best Bowie Knife
- Best Sushi Knife
- Best Gyuto Knife
- Best KA-BAR Knife
- Best SOG Knives
- Best Zero Tolerance Knives
- Best Buck Knife
- Best Knife Sharpening System